People are more attracted/influenced by the words, speech and the behaviour of the receiver and speech plays a prominent role. Public speaking requires the ability to develop & present ideas in a persuasive & organized form.
Public Speaking is a process of speaking to a group of people in a structured and deliberated manner, intended to inform influence, and entertained the listener.
Factors for successful Public speech:
- Prepare on what topic the speech is to begin.
- Prepare for the beginning, body & the closure part.
- Try to tell the examples/story.
- In order to attract the audience.
- Practice in front of a mirror(try to talk by yourself).
- Speak clearly & loudly.
- Leave your nervousness.
- Use both verbal & non verbal communication.
- Try to smile in order to make audience comfortable.
- Have an eye-to-eye contact.
- While performing, feel yourself comfortable.
- If nervous, take a deep breath and start.
- Have little water in between.
- Try to ask questions, in order to motivate audience.
- Always strive for two way communication.
Do’s in Public Speaking:
- Smile and have fun.
- Speak loud.
- Be yourself.
- Know your audience.
- Be confident.
- Be flexible.
- Use more gestures.
- Use simple and understandable language.
- Wrap your speech on time.
Don’t’s in Public Speaking:
- Do not fear/panic.
- Do not rush through your presentation.
- Do not stick hands in your pockets.
- Do not underestimate your audience.
- Do not dictate.
- Avoid repetition of words or phases.
- Do not put up an aggressive face.
Last but not the least in public speech, ask if the audience has any questions, if any, clear their doubts. Always end the conversation, by having a smile on the face. Always provide a positive response/answer to the audience.
Make sure that audience feel comfortable, while listening. It must be always in an entertaining way.