In any conversation, if two people are communicating one of them is thinking and replying and other person is replying spontaneously, smartly, cleverly, in a funny way and without taking much time is called quick-wittedness.
If a person has ability to reply in a clever or funny way without thinking for a longer time then that can also be considered as quick-wittedness.
Essentials for Quick-Wittedness:
- Intelligent, mentally keen, clever.
- Able to reply in a funny way.
- Spontaneous reply.
- Communicate in a smarter way.
- Inspire others while communicate.
- Attracts others to communicate.
- Good memory power.
- Provides solutions to the problems.
- Consume less time.
- Have more potential to communicate.
Tips for becoming Quick-Wittedness:
- Timing is very crucial:You have to come up with a response as quickly as possible.
- Must be a good listener:Before replying/answering must listen the conversation keenly & then reply in a spontaneous way.
- Try not being negative:Always come up with a positive reply, if reply is in a negative manner, critics would be more for your conversation.
- Position & Witty comments:By replying back with positive & witty comments, you can gain the trust of the people.
- Try to have Eye to Eye contact:Through which people understands you better and could feel comfortable while communicating.
- Tone of your comments:It’s not always the content of your remarks that will make an impression, but the tone in which you make comeback or else it will be messed up.
- Don’t be needy:Try to solve problems yourself, don’t beg for help and have some alone time and give people their space.
- Be yourself:Don’t try to be someone else, accept yourself, and find your hidden talent.
- Be friendly:Don’t force yourself on people, be friendly and don’t be eager.
- Be a good conversationalist:Don’t dominate the conversation of others, be a good listener and make others feel happy with your conversation.
- Use Humor:Learn to laugh at yourself and find humor in uneasy situation.
- Speak up:Speak confidently, clearly and at good pace. Say what you mean and make sure your opinion is relevant.
Quick-Wittedness is a good way of communicating but don’t hurt feelings of others, while communicating. Always try to make people laugh with your conversations.