Top 50+ Statistics interview question and answers
I will introduce you Top 50+ most frequently asked Statistics interview question and answers. It is the one-stop resource from where you can boost your interview preparation.If you are aspiring to start your career in the Statistics programming language, then you must know the Frequently Asked Questions in any Statistics Interview to help you out, we have gathered a list of Statistics interview questions. Mastering these questions would help you in cracking the Statistics Interview at a very first attempt. Let’s jump into the question and answer part.
1. What Is Bayesian?
2. What Is Frequentist?
3. What Is Likelihood?
4. What Is P-value?
5. What Is Sampling?
6. What is the difference between “long” and “wide” format data?
7. What do you understand by the term Normal Distribution?
8. What Is Skewness?
9. What Is Variance?
10. What Is Kurtosis?
11. What Is Moment?
12. What Is Covariance?
13. What is the goal of A/B Testing?
14. What do you understand by statistical power of sensitivity and how do you calculate it?
15. What Is One Sample T-test?
16. What Is Alternative Hypothesis?
17. What Is Significance Level?
18. What Is Binomial Probability Formula?
19. Explain Hash Table?
20. What are the differences between overfitting and underfitting?
21. Differentiate between univariate, bivariate and multivariate analysis.
22. What Is Null Hypothesis?
23. What Is Linear Regression?
24. What is Regression?
25. what is the relationship between Data science and Statistics?
26. Explain about statistics branches?
27. What is Cluster Sampling?
28. What is Systematic Sampling?
29. What is Arithmetic Mean?
30. Explain Median?
31. What is Mode?
32. Explain Standard Deviation (Sigma)?
33. List all the other models work with statistics to analyze the data?
34. What are Eigenvectors and Eigenvalues?
35. Can you explain the difference between a Validation Set and a Test Set?
36. List the fields, where statistic can be used?
37. List the sampling methods?
38. What is correlation in statistics?
39. What is Covariance in statistics?
40. What is the relationship between Covariance and Correlation?
41. Explain cross-validation.
42. How can outlier values be treated?
43. Explain Naïve Bayes Classifier?
44. Explain the strength of Bayesian statistics?
45. Do you think that Bayesian statistics has the power to replace Frequentists?
46. What are some unique applications of Bayesian Statistics and Bayes theorem?
47. Explain Central Limit Theorem?
48. How can you generate a random number between 1 – 7 with only a die?
49. What is Collaborative filtering?
50. When You Are Creating A Statistical Model How Do You Prevent Over-fitting?
51. Give An Example Of Inferential Statistics?
52. A Normal Population Distribution Is Needed For The Which Of The Statistical Tests:
53. What is the difference between type I vs type II error?
54. What is a statistical interaction?
55. What are Recommender Systems?
56. Explain cross-validation?
57. What is selection bias?
58. What is an example of a data set with a non-Gaussian distribution?
59. Explain what is logistic regression?
60. What are the measures that are used to analyze the central tendency of data?
61. What are the measures of central tendency will always change if a single value in the data changes?
62. What Is Quartile?
63. If the variance of a dataset is correctly computed with the formula using (n – 1) in the denominator, Explain?
64. Is Standard deviation is robust to outliers?
65. What happens to the confidence interval when we introduce some outliers to the data?
66. What is the value of t-statistic?
67. What happens when we introduce more variables to a linear regression model?
68. What is the relationship between significance level and confidence level?
69. What are types of selection bias?